Staff Frontend EngineerBudapest
Be an active part of the team that is changing the way millions of diners find, choose, and experience their next meal – anywhere in the world.
We at boam – a US-based, VC-backed tech startup – are looking for our next talented Staff Frontend Engineer to join our Budapest team, where you’ll help build the world’s smartest food discovery platform designed to help customers find their next favorite restaurant.
We’re delivering smart, personalized recommendations to diners – supercharged with breakthrough AI – to connect diners with new restaurants; while also helping restaurants connect with the diners who will appreciate them the most.
As a Staff Frontend Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in how we’re bringing our vision to life. From building and releasing new features, to choosing our tech-stack and improving our processes, your expertise will directly impact the future of boam, helping us to evaluate and advocate for solutions to a wide array of challenging problems.
Each day you’ll work alongside a stellar team of senior software developers, and collaborate with our engineering and product teams to make magic happen in real time. You’ll be able to quickly see the impact of your work in the market.
This role reports directly to our Head of Engineering.
What you’ll do
- Drive the high-level technological, architectural and design discussions of the team
- Plan and lead the execution of our projects
- Mentor your teammates and help level up the team
- Develop functional and appealing web applications
- Constantly improve and optimize the user experience on our websites
- Work directly with our UI designer and the product team to solve real user problems
- Collaborate with backend engineers
Our ideal candidate
10+ years of work experience on frontend
Strong alignment with our values
Significant experience with
- React / Next.js
You are someone who
- Wants to help build a transformative global venture alongside an exceptional team
- Thrives with individual ownership and increasing responsibilities
- Is smart, driven and collaborative; and for whom ego is never an obstacle
- Wants to scale their impact as part of a rapidly growing product & team
- Enjoys investing time in the success of the team and leads with kindness and integrity
- Bonus points if food is your passion!
Benefits and perks
- Being part of an early-stage, rapidly growing US-based startup
- The latest tools & technologies
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- Cool office near Vörösmarty tér
- Free access to gym in building
- Ability to work remotely
- Work for 2 weeks from another boam office (Miami, Cape Town) every year
Ready to join a great team and take on the next great challenge of your career?
To apply, email your CV and a few lines about why you are interested in joining us to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re already excited to hear from you!