Media Partnerships ManagerCape Town
Be an active part of the team that is changing the way millions of diners find, choose, and experience their next meal – anywhere in the world.
We at boam – a US-based, VC-backed tech startup – are looking for a Media Partnerships Manager to join our Cape Town team, where you’ll help build the world’s smartest food discovery platform designed to help customers find their next favorite restaurant.
We’re delivering smart, personalized recommendations to diners – supercharged with breakthrough AI – to connect diners with new restaurants; while also helping restaurants connect with the diners who will appreciate them the most.
As a Media Partnerships Manager, you will be working with US based publications to build lasting relationships and publish articles incorporating and citing boam’s restaurant market data. You will be the driving force behind our public relations and domain authority.
Each day you’ll work alongside a stellar team, and collaborate with our founders to help increase boam’s public profile.
This role reports directly to our Cape Town City Manager.
What you’ll do
- Identify relevant US media publications and build relationships with them
- Work with journalists to publish articles and infographics incorporating and citing boam’s restaurant market data.
- Identify new opportunities to leverage boam’s data to increase domain authority
- Drive restaurant email outreach efforts
- Manage boam’s social media channels
Our ideal candidate
- 3+ years of full time work experience in media, PR or marketing
- Strong alignment with our values
- Strong project management skills and a very structured approach
- Ability to handle rejections and keep going
- Well-spoken & articulate
- Strong copy writing skills
- Basic Google Sheets or Excel skills
- Openness to learn new tools
- Coachable (accepts and incorporates feedback)
- The ability to work fast and learn new skills quickly
You are someone who
- Wants to help build a transformative global venture alongside an exceptional team
- Thrives with individual ownership and increasing responsibilities
- Is smart, process driven and accurate
- Enjoys building and managing relationships
- Bonus points if food is your passion!
Benefits and perks
- Being part of an early-stage, rapidly growing US-based startup
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- Cool office in Harrington Street
- Semi-annual promotion reviews with clearly defined career tracks
- Work for 2 weeks from another boam office (Miami, Budapest) every year
Ready to join a great team and take on the next great challenge of your career?
To apply, email your CV and a few lines about why you are interested in joining us to email@example.com. We’re already excited to hear from you!