Business Operations Senior AssociateCape Town
Be an active part of the team that is changing the way millions of diners find, choose, and experience their next meal – anywhere in the world.
We at boam – a US-based, VC-backed tech startup – are looking for our next talented Business Operations Senior Associate to join our Cape Town team, where you’ll help build the world’s smartest food discovery platform designed to help customers find their next favorite restaurant.
We’re delivering smart, personalized recommendations to diners – supercharged with breakthrough AI – to connect diners with new restaurants; while also helping restaurants connect with the diners who will appreciate them the most.
As a Business Operations Senior Associate, you will be one of the driving forces behind our data gathering and analysis effort for the United States restaurant market. You will play an active role in developing new effective processes that help the boam team quickly scale up in new and diverse markets while managing and Maintaining your own team of contractors in Cape Town.
Each day you’ll work alongside a stellar operations team, and collaborate with our founders to help scale boam.
This role reports directly to our Cape Town City Manager.
What you’ll do
- Lead projects related to boam’s data gathering and analysis
- Manage a team of Cape Town based contractors
- Assist the founders with data extraction and analysis
- Identify and suggest process improvements and automation opportunities
- Conduct research into new topics and challenges that the team are facing
Our ideal candidate
- 4+ years of full time work experience
- Strong alignment with our values
- Priority will be given to applicants with business qualifications and experience
- Strong data & problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Google Sheets or Excel
- Basic SQL skills and a desire to upskill
- Coachable (accepts and incorporates feedback)
- The ability to work fast and learn new skills quickly
- High level of accuracy with a given task
You are someone who
- Wants to help build a transformative global venture alongside an exceptional team
- Thrives with individual ownership and increasing responsibilities
- Is smart, process driven and accurate
- Is adaptable and comfortable working on different projects and learning new skills
- Bonus points if food is your passion!
Benefits and perks
- Being part of an early-stage, rapidly growing US-based startup
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- Cool office in Harrington Street
- Semi-annual promotion reviews with clearly defined career tracks
- Work for 2 weeks from another boam office (Miami, Budapest) every year
Ready to join a great team and take on the next great challenge of your career?
To apply, email your CV and a few lines about why you are interested in joining us to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re already excited to hear from you!